What we do
We believe that a performance based approach to fire engineering is the only way to efficiently and safely develop fire strategies for complex or unusual buildings and structures.
Performance based fire engineering considers the functional objectives of prescriptive fire codes and relies upon the application of scientific and engineering principles informed by actual fire test and human response data. It addresses the prevailing risk to a building, its contents and its occupants, considering the architectural design and infrastructure of a building rather than adopting the prescriptive fire safety requirements.
We analyse and optimise the means of escape, internal and external fire spread, fire detection, smoke control and fire suppression systems, structural fire resistance and fire service access and provisions. This ensures delivery of a fire strategy that provides the greatest design efficiency, flexibility, sustainability and profitability without compromising safety.
Some of our services include:
- Developing code hierarchies in multiple-code jurisdictions,
- Auditing design compliancy,
- Developing performance based fire engineering strategies,
- CFD Modelling of fire, smoke, temperature and toxicity,
- Structural fire engineering and optimising protection strategies,
- Evacuation modelling and crowd dynamics,
- Attaining approvals from local approving authorities,
- Advice and guidance,
- Competition and technical support.
Who uses us?
We believe we can bring maximum value to a project if we are involved from an early stage to ensure that the vital Fire Engineering aspects are incorporated at the earliest stage. Typically we are engaged by the Architect or Lead Consultant but we also work directly for a range of different clients including Developers and other Engineers.